SQUEALING NOISE FROM MY ROUTAN

2010 Volkswagen

Pastry chef

July, 12, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

I have a 2010 routan that had sticky rear caliper it got replaced at 32000 mil and now a year later a similar squealing noise is coming from the rear brakes. Checked the pads and rotors and re lubed the calipers all looks good but still makes the noise. It only happens after the brakes are hot about 20 min of driving. The noise goes away when the brakes are applied it also goes away if the emergency brake is applied when driving. It also is worse when turning left but turning right makes it go away.

July, 12, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

No references to this vehicle-Have you checked your wheel bearings?

Pastry chef

July, 12, 2012 AT 2:47 AM

No but the noise goes away as soon as I apply the brakes. Even if still moving. It's a front wheel drive and it's defiantly coming from the back. With my foot on the gas I press the emergency brake and the noise stops.

July, 12, 2012 AT 3:23 AM

Do this: Raise the wheel at least an inch off the ground, then hold the top and bottom of the tire and move it backwards and forwards. If the rear wheels have bad bearings, the wheels will have a lot of give or movement when you move them.

Pastry chef

July, 12, 2012 AT 3:27 AM

No movement and tires spin free with no drag or noise when up on jacks.

exovcds

July, 12, 2012 AT 4:14 AM

VW Routan = Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country (2008>)

Now you can look-up info on Mitchell.

Thomas

July, 12, 2012 AT 4:56 AM

Have the brake rotors miked-out if it needs resurfacing

Pastry chef

July, 12, 2012 AT 12:06 PM

The rear rotors were replaced less than a year ago. They looked fine when I took the pads off.

July, 12, 2012 AT 7:37 PM

They look good and shiny from the eyeball but a micrometer will tell if its any good-Check for out of roundness and parallelism-Try spraying it with brake kleen and see what happens

Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Fuel Pump Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra