2010 TOYOTA COROLLA FAULTY WATER PUMPS

• driver1930
  • 2010 Toyota Corolla
  • automatic

The car was purchased new from the dealer, who also does all the routine maintenance and repairs The maintenance is current. I do mostly urban driving, and try to treat the car with care.
In 2012 the water pump began making a bad noise and was replaced.
Yesterday, at the 40,000 mile service (car only had 39,299 miles on it) I was advised that there was a small leak in the water pump and it was replaced under warranty. No other problems were noted with the car.
This means I am having to replace the water pump about every 13,000 miles, which seems excessive. When questioned, the service manager was not able to explain why this is happening.
What should I look at as a possible source for the problem? Does this model have a reputation for bad pumps? Would the replacement equipment a dealer uses be faulty, or cheaply made parts from China?
Thanks for your help.

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 AT 6:24 PM

• freemba

This car does not have a reputation of being bad on water pumps. The problem likely has to do with the manufacturer of the water pump. We do see some new part that are faulty, "right out of the box."

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 AT 6:52 PM
  • driver1930

Thanks.

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 AT 7:11 PM