WILL NOT START AFTER JUMPING

2010 Kia Forte

lauriemtee

January, 23, 2011 AT 3:02 AM

I have returned from a 3 week trip and my brand new kia forte will not start. I even tried to jump start it and all it does is make a loud buzzing sound. All the lights turn turn on and the electrinics work but the car won't start. It doesnt even make the cranking sound. When I turn the ignition the lights on the dash just flicker.

Dr. Hagerty

Before you do anything else, attach a battery charger to the battery and bring it back up to full charge. There may be a warranty issue that you could violate if anything is done to the car, start with the recharging and if no joy, call the dealer and see what your options are.

lauriemtee

I don't have a battery charger

Dr. Hagerty

OK. The battery could be charged by someone you know who does have a charger or you could purchase one, they are not terribly expensive. Where shall we go from here?

lauriemtee

I guess I'll have to take it to the dealership. I'm new to this area and don't know many people.

Dr. Hagerty

January, 24, 2011 AT 3:45 AM

OK.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test