Engine No Power

SIVAPRASADKC
  • 2010 HYUNDAI ATOS
  • 18 MILES
Hi, I am having Hyundai Atos Prime GLS, 2010 model, but driven only 40000Kms. All service history is perfect, company made. After my last regular service, which was major service, I was experiencing some issue with Car power. It is not going more than 100km/hr speed. When I returned back to them, they told everything is normal. But seriously I am feeling that the car is not having power as before service. Also feeling that the Engine is struggling hard. Also the Engine noise also got high. Before the car goes to 120km/hr without any issue. Now it will not reach that speed in any case and the engine sound is also high.

All service history is perfect, I was experiencing some issue with Car power. It is not going more than 100km/hr speed. When I returned back to them, they told everything is normal. But seriously I am feeling that the car is not having power as before service. Also feeling that the Engine is struggling hard. Also the Engine noise also got high. Before the car goes to 120km/hr without any issue. Now it will not reach that speed in any case and the engine sound is also high.
What could be the issue?

What could be the issue?

Rgds,
Siva
Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 AT 4:32 AM

It sounds like you have a plugged up catalytic converter but the be sure here sia guide to help confirm the issue.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-a-catalytic-converter

this guide can help as well

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-has-low-power-output

Please run down these guides and report back

Cheers
Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 AT 6:34 AM
JONNY_ARDS
I am having the same Problem! Hyundai Atoz with 27k, auto box? Faults are reading for MAP Sensor and Throttle Sensor, Both have been replaced including plugs, leads, fuel filter, air filter. I even changed the EGR valve, well and truely lost now :(
Saturday, October 20th, 2018 AT 10:34 AM (Merged)
PAVLOS CHANIA
Replied on January 11, 2013
I am having the same Problem! Hyundai Atoz with 27k, auto box? Faults are reading for MAP Sensor and Throttle Sensor, Both have been replaced including plugs, leads, fuel filter, air filter. I even changed the EGR valve, well and truely lost now
Question from Jonny_Ards

It sounds like you have a 5v sensor supply voltage issue witch probably is a ecu problem, check 5v supply at both sensors with engine running, use a mutimeter, both sensor plugs have 3 pins on them, check the ones in the corners for each sensor, you must have a reading of 5v at all times.
JONNY_ARDS
Which sensors must have the 5v supply?
PAVLOS CHANIA
Hi you did say (Faults are reading for MAP Sensor and Throttle Sensor)
SEGON
  • 2006 HYUNDAI ATOS
A while back, my atos 1.1 started stuttering and then switches off. After switching off and on it could be driven again but then it struggled. Was told the gearbox had packed up. Had the gearbox changed last week. However after 50km on the road, it did exactly the same thing. Stutters and then switches off. No acceleration power. It took 20 minutes to drive the car 3 km without any traffic due to loss of power. Please help, have now spent more than the book value of the car
JONNY_ARDS
I did indeed and checked both sensors this morning :-)

MAP Sensor is reading 4.98v
Throttle Sensor is reading 0.036v

So I am guessing that the fault is under lying with the TPS? And where do I go about getting the required volts? Broken Wire? Relay? ECU?

Also I have a car to swap bits to and from!
PAVLOS CHANIA
Well the 5v is from the ecu, so the good news is if you have that at reading at one of two your ecu is ok, next trace Tps wiring back to your ecu and pay extra attention to the plug connections that are inside under the heater. One other question is your check engine light up at all times? If you erase faults do they both pop up again once you start the car?
JONNY_ARDS
I found out is was the catalytic converter that was bad in my car broke apart and clogged the exhaust cost me $780.00 for a new one all fixed.