START UP QUESTION

2010 Ford Focus

inmyheart28

March, 11, 2012 AT 7:35 PM

Normally, when you turn the car to on, before the dashboard readings (MPH, RPM, Car temp, etc) go correct they cycle to their highest points and then settle back to correct readings. I recently saw that all of the devices do this but the MPH doesn't go all the way up to the top (125 MPH) before settling back down to zero. It goes to about 120 MPH. The others senors cycle normally. So the Miles Per Hour is not acting exactly like the other dashboard readings when first turned on. Is this an issue? The car is running fine. Can this wait until the next oil change to be checked? Could it be that I just never noticed this?

March, 11, 2012 AT 7:44 PM

It shouldn't do that bring her in and have the electrical system checked out

inmyheart28

March, 11, 2012 AT 7:45 PM

Is this an issue that must be addressed right away or can it wait until the next oil change? In other words, is this going to cause other issues or is it just a minor dashboard reading issue that wont harm anything?

inmyheart28

March, 11, 2012 AT 8:08 PM

Please help with my follow up question. Thanks a lot in advance!

March, 11, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

Dunno what's causing the problem but it can wait if you want to-but have it further checked when money/time permits

inmyheart28

March, 11, 2012 AT 8:32 PM

Thank you! So I am in no danger to wait a month until my next oil change? While this should be checked it will not likely cause any type of driving failure if it waits 1 month to be checked out?

March, 11, 2012 AT 8:34 PM

If its not affecting engine performance/drivability go for it-

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement