CLICKING WHEN ENGINE IS UNDER LOAD

2010 Ford F-150

paul456

November, 20, 2011 AT 6:41 PM

Hi 4.6 litre ford f 150 2010 alot of top end noise either valves or injectors all dealer says its normal is it I dont think so why should a motor with 16000klms have what do you think thanks

There is a specific loud clicking when engine is under load not so much at idle should I be worried about it or not Never tried this site if im happy with answer I will donate thank you

Jacobandnickolas

November, 20, 2011 AT 6:45 PM

First, if you only hear it under a load, chances are it is valve ping. You could try a higher octane fuel to see if that helps. Regardless, since it is basically new, I strongly recommend having your dealer hear it and document the issue. That way if something happens when it is out of warranty, you have proof the problem existed prior to the warranty expiring.

If it is something different, let me know.

November, 20, 2011 AT 6:49 PM

Well, have the oil pressure check if its within specs, if okay and you're sure its coming from the upper part of the engine. Get a doctor's ear and probe the valve cover and the injectors this will tell you something

Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota