03/10 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON CREW CAB - 5.4L / ENG. TYPE 3V - VIN #1FTEW1CV1AFB95607
Update from when we last spoke, the info below is accurate, I didn't have all the correct info when I first wrote. The issue is the drivers side retractable running board, the passenger side works fine. The D/S running board has been acting up most of this year, this is what it does/is doing;
1. When the truck is off and the doors are closed the step is extended
2. When the truck is running, doors closed and not moving the step is extended
3. When the truck is running and moving forward the step retracts.
4. When the truck is running and comes to a stop such as a sign the
5. When the truck is then moved forward from a stop the step retracts
until the next time it stops, then it extends again
There were no trouble/DTC codes in the vehicle computer but there were two faults listed below. I don't know if the ACM message is tied in to the running boards or not. Couldn't find any info on the board manufacturer or any kind of model/identifying number.
1. ACM / audio control module (CMDTCs) - "left rear door ajar" message
staying on dash display; door is always closed, never ajar.
2. HVAC / #'s B1082 / B1082:00-0A codes / right temperature damper
motor) Right / passenger side vents not working but haven't checked it
out further yet.
Monday, December 8th, 2014 AT 4:01 AM