GETTING A BAD SHAKING WHEN GOING OVER 45 MPH

2010 Ford Escape

cinthi

January, 3, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

My 2010 Ford Escape with 18,248 miles shakes when I drive over 45 miles per hour, what could be causing it to shake in the back? I took it to Ford, they check it and found nothing to be wrong. They even test drive and still nothing. When the mechanic drove it he said it did not shake but I drive it no car drives near me due to the shaking. Your help is greatly appreciated.

rivermikerat

January, 3, 2012 AT 12:43 AM

Where is the shaking felt? Steering wheel? Front suspension. Seat of the pants or floorboard? Wheel balance and/or alignment.

cinthi

January, 3, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

No it's not the steering wheel. It shakes from the back. It feels like the back body. I check to make sure the trunk door was close all the way, I also check the tires even underneath the car just to make sure no one tamper with it. I don't know what else to do, but it's very annoying when no car will drive no where near you.

January, 3, 2012 AT 2:47 AM

JUST TO START AN ELIMINATION PROCESS---SWAP YOUR REAR WHEELS/TIRES TO THE FRONT

WHILE YOU HAVE THE REAR JACKED UP--GRAB YOUR TIRES AT 12 AND 6 AND SHAKE 'EM FOR BEARING PLAY--THEN DO IT AT 3 AND 9. THIS MAY ELIMINATE BEARING PLAY AND KILL 2 BIRDS AT ONCE

DO THEM ONE AT A TIME AND TEST DRIVE--IF THE SCENARIO CHANGES--YOU WILL KNOW WHICH WHEEL/TIRE TO INVESTIGATE

IF NO CHANGE--WE'LL CONTINUE TO THROW STUFF OUT THERE FOR YOU---YOU CONTINUE TO INVESTIGATE, EVEN PUT AN "INVESTIGATOR" IN THE BACK SEAT TO LISTEN

THING IS, YOU GOTTA ACTUALLY DO THE TESTING, HE SAID/ SHE SAID IS JUST HEAR SAY

WE'RE HERE TO HELP

SEND RESULTS

rivermikerat

January, 3, 2012 AT 3:46 AM

Have you hit any curbs or potholes lately? Do as CJ mentioned. Also, crawl underneath and firmly shake suspension components to see if anything is loose.

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma