WEDDING RING FELL INTO VENT ON DASH HOW DO I GET IT OUT?

2010 Dodge Avenger

abettis1985

May, 30, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

I was cleaning my car on a hot day and prego my hands where swelling so I took my wedding ring off and placed it on the dash. I forgot it was there and drove off. It was too late once I noticed it sliding it fell into the vent. I called dodge and they want 1000 just to get it I can't afford that now with new baby so my husband and I where thinking we could find out how to get to it. I feel bad this happend and really wish I was thinking and didn't place it there. Can anyone help me figure out how I can get through and see I have just the baseline avenger sxt.

May, 30, 2012 AT 4:10 PM

It would depend on which vent it fell into. The surest way of getting at it would be to remove the dash.

The vents leads to the heater core and there are many areas where it could be trapped so it most probably won't drop to the bottom of the heater core housing but there is no harm trying. Check the lowest point of the heater core for openings and see if you can find it there. The carpets might have to be flipped up to check.

abettis1985

May, 30, 2012 AT 11:21 PM

Thanks. We just tried that and its no where to be found I can however hear it when it turn corners so I know its in there somewhere. How hard would it be to remove the dash in one day?

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:19 AM

Just to add to this one which vent did it fall into?Removing the dash for the average person would be a nightmare.

abettis1985

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:24 AM

The vent on the drivers side. The smaller one not the big one in the middle.

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:26 AM

Heres a great idea home depot has a milwaukee inspection camera in there tool department. It comes with a hook that clips on the end of of the camera with a bright light. You can fish the camera into the vent retrive the ring with hook. If you dont like the camera you can always return it for a full refund.

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:32 AM

They even have one with a 9ft length camera the ones in stock have a 3ft camera length.

abettis1985

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:38 AM

Great thanks. Ill try that and then if nothing guess ill have to save money till I can get it taken care of by a pro.

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

You could even make a custom hook out of bailing wire if needed.I dont see any reason why you shouldnt be able to retrive with the camera. Please let me know how it works I would to hear how it worked.

abettis1985

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

Thanks again and I will post if I get it out and how.

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 1:01 AM

Your welcome thats what were here for cant wait to hear how you make out.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue