Brake warning light

ANONYMOUS
  • 2010 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

The "Brake" light on the dashboard comes on for about 30 - 45 seconds and then goes off. It will do this several times, mostly right after the van has been sitting and then about 1 to 2 minutes into the drive it will go thru it's on then off cycle. It is not on when I first start or just pull out. I don't notice any degradation in the braking system. Is this tied to the ABS? Could it be low fluid (van's not here for me to check)? Or can it be pads worn? If it's ABS computer I'm looking at big $$ I assume.

Friday, December 21st, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

KEN

This problem usually happens when the front brake pads have worn down and the brake fluid is in the brake calipers taking up the area the pads once were. Here is guide that will help you get the idea on how to do the front brakes with rotors.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-front-brake-pads-and-rotors-fwd

Here is how it will be on your car (below)

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Sunday, December 24th, 2017 AT 12:32 PM