Brake warning light

ANONYMOUS
  • 2010 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
The "Brake" light on the dashboard comes on for about 30 - 45 seconds and then goes off. It will do this several times, mostly right after the van has been sitting and then about 1 to 2 minutes into the drive it will go thru it's on then off cycle. It is not on when I first start or just pull out. I don't notice any degradation in the braking system. Is this tied to the ABS? Could it be low fluid (van's not here for me to check)? Or can it be pads worn? If it's ABS computer I'm looking at big $$ I assume.
Friday, December 21st, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

KEN

This problem usually happens when the front brake pads have worn down and the brake fluid is in the brake calipers taking up the area the pads once were. Here is guide that will help you get the idea on how to do the front brakes with rotors.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-front-brake-pads-and-rotors-fwd

Here is how it will be on your car (below)

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
+2
Sunday, December 24th, 2017 AT 12:32 PM
MRMIKE5858
  • 2007 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
The bake, abs, esp bas, skid lights come on after we put the van in drive. Brakes still feel fine but don't know why it is doing this. Any suggestions?
Thank you
Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 AT 1:16 PM (Merged)
It could be a few things, but most likely, there is a short in the wiring. Is the engine light staying on? Have you tried to scan the computer to see if there are actual codes in the computer?
MRMIKE5858
Thank you for the response no the engine light is not staying on. I have not gotten it scanned yet
Thank you
+1
Most parts stores will do it for free, so lets try that and see if there is any useful info there.
SMWERTS
  • 2007 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRYCHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
I have a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country LX automatic. 78,000 miles.

When I come to a fairly quick stop, or even starting out fairly fast, the brake light flashes on the dashboard.

It lights up just for a few seconds. Almost every time I slow to a stop the light comes on.

Any suggestions?
MHPAUTOS
G'Day there,

Check your brake fluid level, it sound that it is a touch low and the warning light is flashing when the fluid is sloshing around while driving. This light is a normal indication of low brake fluid.

+1

Sponsored links