SQUEAK COMING FROM UNDER CAR WHEN BREAKES APPLIED!

2009 SEAT Ibiza

andrew_1987

October, 26, 2011 AT 12:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I have had a problem for the last month with my car. The strangest thing is it comes and goes. When it is dry, and you apply the break, towards the top of the lift of the break pedal, there is a loud squeaking noise from under the car. I think it is from the rear end and in the middle somewhere. However, when the car is wet there is no noise. The same squeak happens whether I use the hand break or foot break. And it is only when I release the break and my foot is nearly off the pedal!

any ideas?

Thanks!

Andy

mhpautos

October, 27, 2011 AT 1:41 AM

Sounds like the discs or drums are glazed up, get them surfaced and this should fix the problem.

andrew_1987

October, 27, 2011 AT 7:41 AM

Thanks for the info, ill take it to a garage at the weekend. Its drums so fingers crossed itll not cost too much : -)

mhpautos

October, 27, 2011 AT 7:45 AM

Being drums they may just be full of brake dust, or you may have a minor fluid leak onto the shoes, just get the mechanic to check all this out as well just to be safe.

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford