I NOTED WHEN DRIVING UP SLOPED DRIVEWAYS THE ...

2009 Hyundai Elantra

youpi

November, 3, 2011 AT 4:47 PM

I noted when driving up sloped driveways the bottom (mostly the rear) scrapes the pavement (more so now that I have installed a hitch). It does also scrape the front sometimes. I have brought to the dealer to check out problem.

05

Jacobandnickolas

November, 3, 2011 AT 4:50 PM

Check for broken or worn coil springs.

youpi

November, 3, 2011 AT 9:38 PM

I just was at the dealers about a week ago, do you not think they would have checked this out when checking the suspension. They stated everything is good. The car is only 2 years old. Possibly this is a Hyundai defect in the Elantra's. My son has the smaller Hyundai and he has no problem.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2011 AT 1:27 AM

There are no notices for this problem. THey should have checked the coils. Are you carrying more weight than usual?

youpi

November, 4, 2011 AT 11:06 AM

The only additional weight is the hitch and when I carry bikes with a bike rack. This happened before I had the hitch installed. If I go about 1 mph up the sloped driveway I seem to be OK. If I am carrying bikes it is a different story and I had to get my sons to lift back so that it would not scrape bottom. When I was at dealer 2 weeks ago one of workers overheard my complaint and he to experienced the same problem. I have written to Hyundai to see if there is a problem but the only reply was to see your dealer. I have owned cars in past and have not encountered this problem. I am quite satisfied with the car but this frustrates me. I know when I drive it seems every bump is felt but the dealer ensures me everything looks ok.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2011 AT 3:39 PM

Chances are everything is okay. However, the suspension is just weak.

youpi

November, 5, 2011 AT 12:50 PM

TKS

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX