I noted when driving up sloped driveways the.

YOUPI
  • 2009 HYUNDAI ELANTRA

I noted when driving up sloped driveways the bottom (mostly the rear) scrapes the pavement (more so now that I have installed a hitch). It does also scrape the front sometimes. I have brought to the dealer to check out problem.

Thursday, November 3rd, 2011 AT 4:47 PM

Check for broken or worn coil springs.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, November 3rd, 2011 AT 4:50 PM
YOUPI

I just was at the dealers about a week ago, do you not think they would have checked this out when checking the suspension. They stated everything is good. The car is only 2 years old. Possibly this is a Hyundai defect in the Elantra's. My son has the smaller Hyundai and he has no problem.

Thursday, November 3rd, 2011 AT 9:38 PM

There are no notices for this problem. THey should have checked the coils. Are you carrying more weight than usual?

Friday, November 4th, 2011 AT 1:27 AM
YOUPI

The only additional weight is the hitch and when I carry bikes with a bike rack. This happened before I had the hitch installed. If I go about 1 mph up the sloped driveway I seem to be OK. If I am carrying bikes it is a different story and I had to get my sons to lift back so that it would not scrape bottom. When I was at dealer 2 weeks ago one of workers overheard my complaint and he to experienced the same problem. I have written to Hyundai to see if there is a problem but the only reply was to see your dealer. I have owned cars in past and have not encountered this problem. I am quite satisfied with the car but this frustrates me. I know when I drive it seems every bump is felt but the dealer ensures me everything looks ok.

Friday, November 4th, 2011 AT 11:06 AM

Chances are everything is okay. However, the suspension is just weak.

Friday, November 4th, 2011 AT 3:39 PM
YOUPI

TKS

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 AT 12:50 PM