WHY IS MY CAR MAKING A FUNNY NOISE WHEN I HIT THE GAS AND NOT ACCELARATING PROPERLY?

2009 Hyundai Accent

will823

June, 3, 2012 AT 6:33 AM

My car beginnong today has been making a noise that sounds similar to an aerosol can spraying when I apply the throttle and is not accelerating how it should be.I'm hoping that it's something minor and will be a simple fix.

June, 3, 2012 AT 7:44 AM

If the MIL is indicating, get a scan done to check for trouble codes.

There are many possibilities and without the exact location or source of the noise, it is not possible to understand what could be wrong.

will823

June, 3, 2012 AT 7:47 AM

I have had someone apply the gas while I listened on the outside and the noise appeara to be coming from the bottom side of the vehichle towards the back of the motor

June, 3, 2012 AT 9:25 AM

That could be from the transmission. Check the transmission fluids and ensure the level is correct and fluid conditions are good.

will823

June, 3, 2012 AT 1:20 PM

Its a 5 speed manual so I doubt its the trans, but maybe the intakeu

June, 3, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

Then you have a failing clutch and the noise is most likely from the throw out bearing.

Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Open Hood Video
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape