I LOST ENGINE POWER

2009 Honda Pilot

buanj

I have a honda pilot ex 2009. After the oil changed the engine, vtm, battery and oil were on and I lost then engine power 2x. Why is it? Please help. A day after the oil change the oil indicator light went on. I check the dip stick and the oil is not even half full. I am driving to the dealer suddenly I lost the engine power. I started the truck and the oil, check engine, battery, and vtm lights were on. There is also a noise under the hood while I am driving to the dealer. My truck is in very good condition before the oil change. Why this happened? Please help. Thanks.

Engine Miss

Hopefully the problem is not because of il leaking due to something not properly installed. If that is the cause, you could have been running the engine with insufficient engine oil and additional driving time could have depleted the engine oil to cause the abnormal noise.

On the other hand it could be a failed belt or a dislodged sensor. Without checking, it is not possible to understand what is wrong. If you are not sure, it is best to stop driving and get confirmation to avoid expensive repairs if it is something that requires immediate attention.