BLOWN HEAD GASKET BUT IT RUNS GREAT JUST LEAKING A LOT OF OIL

2009 Ford Fiesta

lisloo

December, 4, 2011 AT 6:07 PM

Hi, I have a 58 plate Fiesta 1.4 diesel. A few weeks ago I noticed it was losing oil. I use the car for long journeys every week and have had no problems at all. Anyway I lifted the bonnet and saw the leaking oil was coming from the pipes so obviously incredible pressure there. The coolant tank when opened was overflowing with black gunk. I called the garage and they sent a chap down to look ajd he immediately said it was the head gasket. I have had no other symptoms such as smoke nor water mixing with the oil so I am a little stumped! I suspect it may in fact be the oil cooler? The engine starts, no smoke and no overheating. Also no loss of power nor misfiring. Help please!

rivermikerat

December, 4, 2011 AT 7:55 PM

Black gunk in the coolant indicates oil mixing with coolant. This usually means a blown head gasket. If the oil cooler is liquid-cooled, it may be the culprit. Your vehicle is not available in the US, so our reference material doesn't cover it.

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i