NEED TO REPLACE GEAR SELECTOR BULB....HAVING TROUBLE ACCESSING?

• joshdove
  • 2009 Ford Escape

Got trim piece off. Got storage bin unscrewed.4 screws 2 on each side. And then I can feel 2 liitle screws or dows connecting the storage bin to the center console trim. So I can't access the bulb under the gear shifter to make the gear selector lights illuminate. Definitely annoying now that it is dark early

Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 AT 10:41 PM

• cadieman

Unbolt or unclip the prindle lense. Thats the only way to get to the bulb.

-2
Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 AT 11:01 PM
  • joshdove

Thanks brother but still flustered because I cant even get to thsi point yet. First I need to unscrew the storage bin. To access this part.I mean I got the 4 star head phillips screws off. The shape is like this.

Storage bin
. . .. . .... (Center console)
..
.-->Here there are 2 screws or pins I can feel but cant
! Really see or get a tool around them to try to
unscrew. This is the limiting factor that will allow me to remove console main trim and access under the gear shift box. 2 little screws keeping me from unlatching main trim or at least I think. Anyone know how to get the console trim off. I tried unscrewing the side console screws also but doesn't bend enough for me to get to under the gear shift box to replace this bulb. Please help

-1
Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 12:48 AM
  • cadieman

When you take the storage bin out. Youll need a torx socket 15 to remove the star bolts. There should be two bolts holding the rear of console. You shoud be able to unbolt the shifter assy. Then you can replace the bulb. If no try removing the complete console.

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 6:19 PM
  • joshdove

Thank storage bin removed. Inside has two screws on 2 opposing sides.I removed these with the t15 socket philips head as you suggest. The storage been has a little area just big enough to get my hand into. Where it connects to the center console. Here is the problem this ther are what feel to be two little screws or pins/dows connecting the storage bin to the center console. How do I remove thes *******s. Pain in the ass.I can't visually see the two pins/screws. Tried loosening them with small pliars but no dice.. Once I can get these off I would be able to get my arm and hand to that pesky little bulb to replace.I have a 2009 ford ecape xlt if that helps.

-1
Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 7:34 PM