CLICK SOUND

• bebobebo
  • 2009 Ford Escape

My hybrid car makes click sound on turning on AC and sometimes on acceleration only one click the appear every time when I accelerate. The click noise is from same place. It is in metal rings of tensioner that slide in each other causing the click sound as shown in pic.I think no broblem in pulleys. May it due to spring inde tensiner?I dont know. Thanx for help

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 12:51 PM

• KHLow2008

That should be the A/C clutch kicking in. Normally it should not be too audible. Seems like the clearance might have too large of a gap.

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 1:33 PM
  • bebobebo

Why also happen during acceleration?
Especialy whe I drve acar for a time.
I mean not apear when car is cold.

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 1:42 PM
  • KHLow2008

During acceleration the engine computer is progrrammed to disconnect the clutch to reduce the load on the engine for better performance and that is normal.

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 1:49 PM
  • bebobebo

Thanx, but why this is not happen always? I went to my work now and the click dissapeared during acceleration?It is of off click.
Also can you help me the connection betwean ac clutch and tensioner?
Please help me

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 6:16 PM
  • bebobebo

Please help

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 6:45 PM
  • KHLow2008

For noise problems we can help much as we are not able to determine the exact noise emitted and source. It is best to get someone to have a look at it.

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 7:17 PM
  • bebobebo

I told iam sure it is a tensioner metalick click sound between two metalic rings of it, no one telling me is it normal click or not. It happend when turn on ac and sometimes acceleration. Iam telling the source of it and iam sure of the it. Not ac compressor click,
i want reassurance please
.

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 8:05 PM
  • KHLow2008

If the noise is a single click when A/C is turned on, that should be from the clutch and whether it is normal or not depends on noise level.
If the noise is some sort of intermittent rattle, that can be due to the tensioner or a stretched belt.

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 8:12 PM