STALLS WHEN IDLING

2009 Fiat Scudo

ukcabbie1967

March, 15, 2012 AT 11:04 AM

Cambelt went on my '09 plate scudo. Mechanic has supposedly replaced everything that needed replacing, I saw cylinder head off.

He's put it all back together and it starts and accelerates fine, but it cuts out at junctions or when trying to idle. He took it to a diagnostic centre and they said valve timing is out. He is adamant it's not?

Been reading a few threads some of which point to Exhaust valve timing?

He's had it for 4 weeks now and as this is a taxi it is also my livelyhood.I'm sinking further and further into debt, so any ideas I can pass on to him are greatly appreciated. He's already billing £1500 for original repair.

Totally fed up and frustrated. No repair should take over 4 weeks.

__________________

Dies On Idle

DrCranknWrench

March, 15, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

When you put a timing belt in you have to turn it a few times and re-check the timing marks to make sure it is seated right. If he is good mechanich, he knows this. See if he replaced camshaft postion snesor and crankashaft position sensor. Also the airgaps have to be checked on some vehicles. I don't have the specs for that car.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang