2009 DODGE RAM JAKE BRAKE

• conservativepoliticalforum
  • 2009 Dodge Ram
  • Turbo
  • automatic
  • 15 miles

Dealer told me there is no adjustment. The Jake kicks off while in 2nd when the truck decelerates to 25 mph going down a grade.
The weird thing is, in 3rd, it stays engaged down to 20 mph.
Now this wouldn't be much of an issue, but I live in the mountains with serious grades and sharp turns, so when it kicks off on a turn, hitting the brakes could have very negative consequences in the snow.

Does anyone know if there is some way of changing it's setting without damaging the Jake or the engine?
Thanks, Solar

Monday, June 23rd, 2014 AT 8:23 PM

• racefan966

What do you mean the jack kicks off? I don't understand the question could you better explain what you are wanting to adjust.

Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 8:31 AM
  • conservativepoliticalforum

Jake brake, as in the title, not Jack.
Maybe I'm misspelling Jake brake, I never looked it up to see if that is correct or not.
I assumed it was named after it's inventor.

Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 5:42 PM
  • racefan966

Ok as for the engine brake, no there are no adjustments to be made as the computer controls it with know setting that are programmed. I would ask the dealer (have vin number handy) if there is a flash update for the computer that would make help with engine brake operation. The only other thing I can see is maybe an edge programmer. I would go to edge online and contact them and ask if there programmer will allow you to have better control of it. Sorry but that's what I find hope it helps.

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 AT 8:28 AM
  • conservativepoliticalforum

OK thanks.

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 AT 8:41 AM
  • racefan966

Your welcome

Thursday, June 26th, 2014 AT 8:34 AM