HOW DO I STOP THE PROBLEM BELOW?

2009 Dodge Journey

Joe Chops

June, 1, 2012 AT 2:50 PM

2009 Dodge Journey. When reaching speeds of 60-70 mph there is a distinct shaking, vibration. After 70 mph or so, it disipates. Tires? Alignment? Tire air pressure? Tires are originals at about 40,000 miles.
Thank you,

Joe Chops

June, 1, 2012 AT 3:17 PM

Have the balance checked, could be shifted belt in a tire or it could be a worn out steering component. Have a shop check it for you.

kristowlerton

October, 25, 2012 AT 12:48 PM

Hi Joe. I too had this problem with my Journey. I had rotors turned, tires balanced, nothing helped. I would notice the shaking and vibration after driving about 20 miles. I took my vehicle to a local Dodge dealer. They noticed when on hoist that there was no freeplay in wheel, like it was locked up. The problem was the brake line. The breakline is a line inside a line. The internal line colaspes and after using the brake the fluid doesn't flow back so it keeps the caliper engaged. After changing the line and caliper at the tune of 350 dollars I no longer have a problem. I hope this helps. Kris

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire