HOW CAN I TELL WHAT BRAND TIRE PRESSURE MONITORS I HAVE IN MY TRUCK

2009 Dodge Dakota

kevkevm

October, 10, 2012 AT 5:53 PM

Ive got a broken valve stem and i'm unable to put air in my tire I was trying to order new valve stems online but I dont know which style to order because I dont know what brand monitors I have

Jacobandnickolas

October, 10, 2012 AT 5:55 PM

Most likely you have the factory monitors in the vehicle.

kevkevm

October, 10, 2012 AT 6:13 PM

The replacement valvle stems i've found are either schrader or dorman

caradiodoc

October, 10, 2012 AT 6:34 PM

So what? You order them to fit the vehicle application. Why do you care who manufactured it?

kevkevm

October, 10, 2012 AT 6:40 PM

Each brand is a different style. Not universal

caradiodoc

October, 10, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

You order them per the application, like a ball joint, tire, or spark plug. Those aren't universal either but all manufacturers make them to fit the intended application. Chrysler buys 80 percent of their parts from outside suppliers and that can change depending on who supplies them with the best price and quality. The supplier could be different even when you buy a replacement from the dealer's parts department.

caradiodoc

October, 10, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

Be aware there are repair kits available too. I never tried to use one and I don't know if that is a viable solution to your problem, but you might check them out on rockauto. Com.

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End