ENGINE RATTLING WHEN SWITCHING FROM V4 TO V8

2009 Chevrolet Silverado

jbutch906

September, 17, 2011 AT 4:35 AM

When my Truck switches from V8 to V4 I hear a popping noise then as I accelerate I hear a rattling sound till my truck switches back to V8 any help? Sometimes when im sitting at a red light my trucks engine light will come on and then it says traction control disable but when I accelerate it goes off and starts the popping noise when I start to slow down and it switches to V4 any help please?

Jacobandnickolas

September, 17, 2011 AT 4:38 AM

If the light is coming on, you need to have the computer scanned. Most parts stores will do it for free.

jbutch906

September, 17, 2011 AT 4:46 AM

Jacobandnickolas

September, 17, 2011 AT 4:54 AM

Sorry for such a short response. However, there are so many sensors on these vehicles, it becomes a guessing game without a scanner.

jbutch906

September, 17, 2011 AT 5:41 AM

Thanks fine I just hope it nothing bad but the scan has to wait till monday hopefully mayb onstar can help tomorrow

Jacobandnickolas

September, 17, 2011 AT 5:43 AM

I would really like to know what you find. If you can, get back to me after the checks.

jbutch906

September, 17, 2011 AT 6:24 AM

I will keep you posted im gonna keep my fingers crossed and thanks for the help

jbutch906

September, 20, 2011 AT 6:48 AM

Well I found out thats its the computer they said its not shutting the fuel off when it switches to V4 but I called chevy they told me to drive it that it wouldnt hurt it untill they could fit me in to get it repaired soo hopeufully the computer will be under warranty thanks for the help though

Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet