MY DAD JUST BOUGHT A CHEVY HHR

2009 Chevrolet HHR

Anonymous

February, 26, 2013 AT 4:40 PM

My dad just bought a Chevy HHR. It is a pretty goo car, but sometimes it makes several different weird noises. I know that the noises aren't coming from the engine. One of them it around a door area, and the other seems to be coming from under the far back cargo area. I wonder if there is a common explanation for these sounds Thanks!

caradiodoc

February, 26, 2013 AT 5:05 PM

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.

Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda