I WAS WONDERING IF IT WOULD TRULY BE BENEFICIAL ...

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

Andrew2005

December, 22, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

I was wondering if it would truly be beneficial to install an aftermarket Cold Air Intake in my car. I've done some research and found that with a lot of newer cars the stock intake box has been specifically designed to optimize power and air flow. So is it worth the time and money for an aftermarket CAI for my car?

09 Cobalt LS XFE 2.2L I4

December, 22, 2012 AT 1:50 AM

No, not worth it. It voids all warranties if you have any failures. The k/n air filter voids warranties as well due to oil in the air filter contaminating sensors

arrowbearred

February, 8, 2013 AT 12:16 AM

ASEMaster6371 is not correct. The K& N air filter does not void any warranty, in fact GM has a TSB spelling out "the use of an aftermarket oiled washable reuseable filter does not void the warranty". Neither does the intake system. If the failure of a down stream component from the aftermarket component fails as the result of the upstream aftermarket component, that specific failure will not be covered, and shouldn't be. Any aftermarket company with any integrity at all is very supportive of this. All spelled out in the Magnusson-Moss Federal Warranty Act.
All consumers should be aware of this and Technicians especially should be aware of it.

Air Intake Boot Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Air Filter Replacement