THE AC IS VERY SLOW TO BEGIN TO COOL DOWN. THE CAR HAS TO BE RUNNING FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES.

• MDSW
  • 2008 Volkswagen Beetle

I have checked the refrigerant pressure/level and it is fine. Is there any other sensor or something? I recently replaced the coolant temp sensor due to the warning light coming on at start-up.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 5:56 PM

• Docfixit

What is high and low side pressures fan on high door open also what is vent temp? And ambiant air temp?

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 6:19 PM
  • MDSW

I hooked up an a/c guage to the low pressure line (where you would add refrigerant) and it showed the level to be full. Not sure about the other aspects you mention, but this does occur when there is a very high ambient temp - like getting in the car after work when it has been sitting in the sun all day. It is my wife's car, so I have limited experience.

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 6:57 PM
  • Docfixit

Would take to an AC shop for system check if in car temp is 120+ then 10 min to cool is not bad

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 7:02 PM