FLAT TYRE FROM A BUMP

2008 Vauxhall Meriva

Jennyc_83

August, 10, 2012 AT 10:23 AM

I stupidly bumped a ridiculously high curb coming into the carpark today and now my tyre is almost flat. The cap was knocked off from where you put the air in. I know NOTHING about anything on cars! Please tell me what might have happened!

August, 10, 2012 AT 10:28 AM

The rim is most probably bent resulting in pressure loss. If possible inflate the tire to the correct pressure first. Otherwise get the spare tire to replace or send the vehicle to a tire shop for them to check.

Jennyc_83

August, 10, 2012 AT 10:43 AM

I don't have a spare tyre, as I had to use it not long agao and I have not been able to afford a replacement : ( I'm hoping, pumping it up will help, if it then goes down I'll need to somehow get it fixed I guess : (

August, 10, 2012 AT 2:43 PM

Jack up vehicle and rotate the tire to check for a bent rim. You might be able to pump it up but if the rim is bent, leakage might occur.

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement