BLOW 110V JACK

2008 Saturn Outlook

ofblong

May, 25, 2011 AT 9:10 PM

Is it possible to get a wiring diagram for a 2008 outlook XR AWD for the Power Inverter System? My wife decided it was a good idea to plug in a hair dryer and blew something in the system. I have replaced the fuse and the Power inverter but now I think its the 110v jack itself thats bad. I have 14v going to the inverter and 9.8v on the yellow (communication?) Wire going to the Jack. If I jumper the Yellow and blue wire will that restart the power inverter and tell me if its the Jack that is bad? I dont want to hurt the communication in any way thats why I am asking before I jumper it.

Wrenchtech

May, 25, 2011 AT 10:09 PM

It appears that it doesn't invert until something is plugged into it.

ofblong

May, 26, 2011 AT 10:14 PM

Thanks for that info. Looks like what this is telling me is the jack is bad since I have plugged in a phone charger and it hasnt reset. Now to find the jack as I am having a hard time finding ANY parts for this vehicle. Although everything is on the left side (left rear trim panel and left side of the center console) lol.

ofblong

May, 27, 2011 AT 4:33 AM

Ended up repairing the outlet. The brackets that close the 2 switch's melted causing it to never reset. So I just put 2 jumpers in to permanently close the switch's. So now whenever the vehicle is on there is 120v at the outlet no matter if there is something plugged in or not. I dont see any use for the "safety" feature this was supposed to have. Well unless my wife tries to plug in a blow dryer again lol.

Wrenchtech

May, 27, 2011 AT 12:17 PM

There are inherent dangers to have a live 110v outlet in a car all the time, especially if you have kids in the car.

ofblong

May, 27, 2011 AT 7:45 PM

Yup I understand those dangers. Its also dangerous to walk outside and sometimes its dangerous to live in your own home (tree could fall on it). My children are getting older and understand about electricity especially since I am an Industrial Electrician. Again thanks for your help.