Where is the canister purge solenoid vent valve on the Saturn Aura?

AZEJNATI
  • 2008 SATURN AURA

I need to cahance it …. And I need to know its excact location…. Thank you.

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 3:21 PM

SATURNTECH9

Your listing two parts which one are you looking for?The canister purge solenoid?Or the vent solenoid?

+2
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 3:48 PM
AZEJNATI

Well I got the evap code failure of the purge solenoid valve so I dont know where that is .

+3
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 3:58 PM
SATURNTECH9

Alright let me stop you right there just because you set a certain code doesnt mean you can just go by the part the code is related to and replace and the code is gone and wont come back. The code sets to let you know there is a poblem with that circuit or system etc of that part of the car.I wish it was that easy lol. What is the exact code number you have not code description?

+2
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 4:04 PM
AZEJNATI

Ok. It is PO496 autozone explains it is has detected pressure inthe evap system douring a non purge condition purge or vent solenoid failure.

+1
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 4:11 PM
SATURNTECH9

I forgot to ask what size engine do you have?

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 4:38 PM
AZEJNATI

Thank you it is the aura XR 3.6.

+1
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 4:42 PM
SATURNTECH9

I posted a diagram of where the canister purge solenoid is its figure 2. Most likely from the code you have there three most likely causes a stuck open canister purge solenoid and stuck closed vent solenoid or a stuck fuel tank pressure sensor showing vacuum on the tank when there really isnt. Or bad wiring to the pressure sensor.I take it you dont have a scanner to read the fuel tank sensor?Lets start by removing the hoses from the canister purge solenoid and with the key off see if you can blow thru it?Let me know what you find.

+4
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 5:10 PM
AZEJNATI

Hi.
Can you explain which are the numbers so I can look at all knowing which is which . And how can I blow though the #2 solenoidits hard to get to. Please be a little more specific as Im not e real mecanic and I dont want to screw something worse. Hahha.

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 10:27 PM
SATURNTECH9

The only number we care about is number 2 that is your canister purge solenoid that turns the vacuum from the engine on and off from the engine to the gas tank. All the other ones have nothing to do with your code. All I want you to do is unhook the two hose from the number 2 call out then blow air with your mouth thru the solenoid. If you can blow air thru it its bad and you will have to replace it. You could also go to auto zone and rent a hand vacuum pump hook the hose to one of the nipples of the solenoid and pump the hand pump to pull a vacuum. If the vacuum holds solenoid isnt sticking open atleast while you are testing it.

+2
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 10:42 PM
SATURNTECH9

Here is a link to that hand vacuum pump iam talking about.I would just use my mouth though a lot easier then renting a hand vacuum pump.If you have to use a piece of short hose that fits tightly to the solenoid nipple.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-Vacuum-pump-and-gauge-tester-includes-24-in-tube/_/N-25jr?itemIdentifier=2080&_requestid=1435463

+1
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 10:57 PM
AZEJNATI

Hey man I just tested the valve as you said (to blow on it) and in the beginning I could blow through it I smashed it 2 times in my hand and I couldn.T blow though it anymore so I put it back in I disconnected the battery and now the engine light went off . If it comes back again I will replace the valve all together. What do you think

Friday, October 28th, 2011 AT 8:24 PM
SATURNTECH9

Sounds like the valve was stuck open like I suspected and you broke it free so it would close.I always replace them when they stick open but if you want to wait and see if it sticks again to replace it thats up to you. Most likely it will stick again.

+1
Sunday, October 30th, 2011 AT 4:22 AM
AZEJNATI

Hi , is there a transmission fluid drain plug?And a dip stick to fill it back up on my aura xr? I cant see it and I want to change the transmission fluid on it thank you very much.

Friday, November 4th, 2011 AT 8:16 PM
SATURNTECH9

Yes there is when was the last time you changed the fluid how many miles ago was that?Also if the transmission doesnt have any leaks then the level shouldnt have changed and shouldnt be low.

+1
Saturday, November 5th, 2011 AT 1:08 AM
AZEJNATI

I cant see the level. Just got the car Im not sure when was the last time it was changed I just want to be safe it has 84000 miles so I assume its time. And since it only need to drain it I just dont see where I can fill it up after because I dont see the dipstick in the motor.

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 AT 6:47 AM
SATURNTECH9

The dipstick on the transmission is call out number to in the diagram I posted.

+1
Saturday, November 5th, 2011 AT 9:54 PM
AZEJNATI

I cant see what number the place of the dipstick is in the diagram please see if you can tell me .

Sunday, November 6th, 2011 AT 2:16 AM
SATURNTECH9

If you click on the diagram it will get big enough to read.

Sunday, November 6th, 2011 AT 3:21 AM
AZEJNATI

Hi there .I just had the fuel gauge go all the way down as I was driving. In my sat Aura 2008. The tank is full but the gauge is all the way to the end please let me know if there is something you can do. Thank you.

Monday, December 12th, 2011 AT 7:15 PM
SATURNTECH9

Heres what your going to have to do go get your codes read and let me know the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions. Thats where we need to start.

+1
Monday, December 12th, 2011 AT 7:21 PM