WHERE IS THE CANISTER PURGE SOLENOID VENT VALVE ON THE ?

2008 Saturn Aura

azejnati

October, 18, 2011 AT 3:21 PM

I need to cahance it …. And I need to know its excact location…. Thank you.

saturntech9

October, 18, 2011 AT 3:48 PM

Your listing two parts which one are you looking for?The canister purge solenoid?Or the vent solenoid?

azejnati

October, 18, 2011 AT 3:58 PM

Well I got the evap code failure of the purge solenoid valve so I dont know where that is .

saturntech9

October, 18, 2011 AT 4:04 PM

Alright let me stop you right there just because you set a certain code doesnt mean you can just go by the part the code is related to and replace and the code is gone and wont come back. The code sets to let you know there is a poblem with that circuit or system etc of that part of the car.I wish it was that easy lol. What is the exact code number you have not code description?

azejnati

October, 18, 2011 AT 4:11 PM

Ok. It is PO496 autozone explains it is has detected pressure inthe evap system douring a non purge condition purge or vent solenoid failure.

saturntech9

October, 18, 2011 AT 4:38 PM

I forgot to ask what size engine do you have?

azejnati

October, 18, 2011 AT 4:42 PM

Thank you it is the aura XR 3.6.

saturntech9

October, 18, 2011 AT 5:10 PM

I posted a diagram of where the canister purge solenoid is its figure 2. Most likely from the code you have there three most likely causes a stuck open canister purge solenoid and stuck closed vent solenoid or a stuck fuel tank pressure sensor showing vacuum on the tank when there really isnt. Or bad wiring to the pressure sensor.I take it you dont have a scanner to read the fuel tank sensor?Lets start by removing the hoses from the canister purge solenoid and with the key off see if you can blow thru it?Let me know what you find.

azejnati

October, 18, 2011 AT 10:27 PM

Hi.
Can you explain which are the numbers so I can look at all knowing which is which . And how can I blow though the #2 solenoidits hard to get to. Please be a little more specific as Im not e real mecanic and I dont want to screw something worse. Hahha.

saturntech9

October, 18, 2011 AT 10:42 PM

The only number we care about is number 2 that is your canister purge solenoid that turns the vacuum from the engine on and off from the engine to the gas tank. All the other ones have nothing to do with your code. All I want you to do is unhook the two hose from the number 2 call out then blow air with your mouth thru the solenoid. If you can blow air thru it its bad and you will have to replace it. You could also go to auto zone and rent a hand vacuum pump hook the hose to one of the nipples of the solenoid and pump the hand pump to pull a vacuum. If the vacuum holds solenoid isnt sticking open atleast while you are testing it.

saturntech9

October, 18, 2011 AT 10:57 PM

Here is a link to that hand vacuum pump iam talking about.I would just use my mouth though a lot easier then renting a hand vacuum pump.If you have to use a piece of short hose that fits tightly to the solenoid nipple.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-Vacuum-pump-and-gauge-tester-includes-24-in-tube/_/N-25jr?itemIdentifier=2080&_requestid=1435463

Evap System Components
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus