INTERNAL REAR DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE DOES NOT OPEN THE DOOR

• Savage928
  • 2008 Saturn Astra

When the door latch is pulled to get out it des not open from the inside. The door opens fine from the outside. It's almost lie the child lock will not disengage. How do I take the panel off and what do I check.

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 9:37 AM

• mhpautos

You will have to remove the door trim and inspect that the actuating rod has not come off the lock, if it is still attached correctly, proberbly the lock has failed internally.

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 9:50 AM
  • Savage928

I apologize for the stupid questions, but is it the internal door panel I need to remove or the external trim? Is there anything I should be aware of so I dont break the trim or door clips?

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 4:06 PM
  • mhpautos

Its the internal trim, as for cautions, I will contact our Saturn expert and check.

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 9:30 PM
  • saturntech9

Those cars replaced the saturn ion and didnt sell well at all. SO I have actual worked on very few of them because of that fact.I posted the directions on how to remove the door panel.I would say most likely it sounds like the inside door handle release rod came off.

Thursday, December 15th, 2011 AT 12:06 AM