INTERNAL REAR DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE DOES NOT OPEN THE DOOR

2008 Saturn Astra

Savage928

December, 14, 2011 AT 9:37 AM

When the door latch is pulled to get out it des not open from the inside. The door opens fine from the outside. It's almost lie the child lock will not disengage. How do I take the panel off and what do I check.

mhpautos

December, 14, 2011 AT 9:50 AM

You will have to remove the door trim and inspect that the actuating rod has not come off the lock, if it is still attached correctly, proberbly the lock has failed internally.

Savage928

December, 14, 2011 AT 4:06 PM

I apologize for the stupid questions, but is it the internal door panel I need to remove or the external trim? Is there anything I should be aware of so I dont break the trim or door clips?

mhpautos

December, 14, 2011 AT 9:30 PM

Its the internal trim, as for cautions, I will contact our Saturn expert and check.

saturntech9

December, 15, 2011 AT 12:06 AM

Those cars replaced the saturn ion and didnt sell well at all. SO I have actual worked on very few of them because of that fact.I posted the directions on how to remove the door panel.I would say most likely it sounds like the inside door handle release rod came off.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test