HOW WILL I KNOW MY WATER PUMP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED?

2008 Renault Clio

Nebster

June, 6, 2012 AT 1:18 PM

I've recently replaced my cam belt. The guys at the Renault dealership told me that it is advisable to change the water pump as well because the pump is only reachable when removing the cam belt. I asked them if there is anything wrong with the water pump and they said no it's just precaution.

Now I'm kinda paranoid driving the car as I dont know if the water pump will break any time soon. I also don't hear any strange noises and I don't see any liquids leaking. So now I'm wondering if my car will give me some sort of warning or will the computer shut down to protect itself if the pump is faulty?

Thanks in advance

June, 6, 2012 AT 1:27 PM

The water pump has a certain lifespan so it can fail anytime after a cerain period but usually there would be warning signs. One would be loss of coolant due to leakages. Another would be bearing noises. If there are no such indications, you need not wory unnecessarily.

Nebster

June, 7, 2012 AT 11:45 AM

Thanks KHLow2008. Feel much better now.

June, 7, 2012 AT 1:47 PM

You're welcome.

Always make it a habit of monitoring the dash gauges and indicator lights. If anything goes wrong, which can happen to any vehicle, you can catch the problem early which would most likely prevent extensive damages.

Have a nice day.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500