PROBLEM THAT I HAVE IS THAT THE INTERIOR LIGHT/RADIO/CLOCK HAVE STOPPED WORKING

• Martin t
  • 2008 Proton Gen-2

Opened car with remote key got into car and heard a clicking coming from the door relay under dash on n/s of car. Noticed that the interior lamp/radio and clock were not working. Disconnected the central locking relay as trying to close door lock, doors immedietly reopened. Checked all fuses in engine compartment and under dash on right hand side of car (all ok). When all doors are closed door ajar lamp on dash dims but is still illuminated.

Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 AT 5:43 PM

• rivermikerat

Check to see if there is a short in the door switch circuit. The switch itself will be located in the door jamb area.

Our reference material only lists vehicles available in America.

Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 AT 6:17 PM
  • Martin t

There has been a problem with the drivers door switch as when the door was opened the interior light did not alway come on. Also the trunk light dose not come on either when I open the trunk. Would seem to point to a blown fuse but have checked all with a known good fuse. The dimming of the door ajar lamp on the dash would indicate a loose earth wire somewhere but why would the other items not work?

Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 AT 8:48 PM
  • rivermikerat

It could be a combined earth ground point. This is typical so as to eliminate ground loops.

Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 AT 10:37 PM
  • R_sumra@sky.com

Hi Martin I have exactly same problem well confused checked all fuses and seem all fine please could you tell me if you resolved problem?

Friday, August 5th, 2016 AT 1:49 PM
  • rivermikerat

R-Suma, if you create your own thread, we'll be happy to do everything we can to help you fix the problem you're having.

Friday, August 5th, 2016 AT 2:25 PM
  • R_sumra@sky.com

Can you just reply in here I just saw that Martin had the exact fault I have and I'm just annoyed now

Friday, August 5th, 2016 AT 4:08 PM
  • rivermikerat

Unless he responds, we can't know if he had success in fixing it. Have you gone through the things we already asked him to look at? Have you checked the system grounds?

+1
Saturday, August 6th, 2016 AT 7:49 AM
  • R_sumra@sky.com

I have done the simple checks but I'm not brilliant I don't know what or how to do system checks his fault is exactly the the same and I can't seem to find any other solutions on the net normally it wouldn't be a problem but not too many protons on uk roads. It sounds as if something else is faulty which in turn messes with the central locking relay I've checked most of the door switches and unplugged the electric windows with no luck

Tuesday, August 9th, 2016 AT 9:08 AM