BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
HOW TO RELEASE THE TENSIONER
2008 Nissan Altima
October, 25, 2011 AT 4:38 AM
I replaced the alternator and need not release pressure from tensioner, although I got the alternator off the car and back on I'm having trouble replacing the belt and it's route
FOUND 2247 RELATED QUESTIONS
Belt Removal & Installation
October, 26, 2011 AT 7:02 AM
Here are the procedures
Removal and Installation
1. Remove side undercover.
2. While securely holding the hexagonal part in pulley center of drive belt auto-tensioner, move in the direction of arrow (loosening direction of tensioner) using Tool. Tool number : -
CAUTION: * Avoid placing hand in a location where pinching may occur if the holding tool accidentally comes off.
* Do not loosen the auto-tensioner pulley bolt. Do not turn it counterclockwise. If turned counterclockwise, the complete auto-tensioner must be replaced as a unit, including pulley.
3. Insert a rod approximately 6 mm (0.24 in) in diameter through the rear of tensioner into retaining boss to lock tensioner pulley.
* Leave tensioner pulley arm locked until drive belt is installed again.
4. Loosen drive belt from water pump pulley and then remove it from the other pulleys.
1. Install the drive belt onto all of the pulleys except for the water pump pulley. Then install the drive belt onto water pump pulley last.
CAUTION: Confirm belts are completely set on the pulleys. Try pulling on the belt to let it slide around the pullies to let it settle down correctly.
2. Release tensioner, and apply tensions to drive belt.
3. Turn crankshaft pulley clockwise several times to equalize tension between each pulley.
4. Confirm tensions of drive belt at indicator is within the allowable use range.
to post a reply.
Alternator Removal And Installation
2000 mazda mpv 6 cyl front wheel drive automatic how to remove alternator after its released
Burning Through Alternators
2002 mercury grand marquis i have burned out 2 reman alternators in 2 days when driving one would put out 17 volts the other puts
Remove The Generator Without Removing The Engine...
I want to remove the generator without removing the engine please specify how the generator is attached below the rest of the top bol
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Battery Light On? Replace Your Alternator Fast
Need to Test Your Alternator? Do it Like a Pro
Alternator testing done right
Need To Learn Use A Voltmeter? Here Is How
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Need To Replace Your Serpentine Belt? Do It Like A Pro
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.