Here are the procedures
Removal and Installation
1. Remove side undercover.
2. While securely holding the hexagonal part in pulley center of drive belt auto-tensioner, move in the direction of arrow (loosening direction of tensioner) using Tool. Tool number : -
* Avoid placing hand in a location where pinching may occur if the holding tool accidentally comes off.
* Do not loosen the auto-tensioner pulley bolt. Do not turn it counterclockwise. If turned counterclockwise, the complete auto-tensioner must be replaced as a unit, including pulley.
3. Insert a rod approximately 6 mm (0.24 in) in diameter through the rear of tensioner into retaining boss to lock tensioner pulley.
* Leave tensioner pulley arm locked until drive belt is installed again.
4. Loosen drive belt from water pump pulley and then remove it from the other pulleys.
1. Install the drive belt onto all of the pulleys except for the water pump pulley. Then install the drive belt onto water pump pulley last.
Confirm belts are completely set on the pulleys. Try pulling on the belt to let it slide around the pullies to let it settle down correctly.
2. Release tensioner, and apply tensions to drive belt.
3. Turn crankshaft pulley clockwise several times to equalize tension between each pulley.
4. Confirm tensions of drive belt at indicator is within the allowable use range.
Images (click to enlarge)
Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 AT 7:02 AM