THERE MY CX7 IS AN AWD 2

2008 Mazda CX7

Goo

December, 31, 2012 AT 10:25 AM

Hi there, my cx-7 is an awd 2.3 auto. My propeller shaft connecting the transmission is cracked and greenish grease is spewing all out, if anyone could advice me on which part is broke, it would be great! Could be the coupling, bearing, boot, or the shaft itself.

Thank you, Daniel. Happy New year!

Wrenchtech

December, 31, 2012 AT 11:00 AM

That's just a torn C/V boot. That's normal for that to happen from time to time. You may find it cheaper to replace the whole axle with a reman unit rather than take that one apart to replace the boot.

Goo

December, 31, 2012 AT 4:33 PM

Oh sweet, that would be great as its much much cheaper than changing the whole shaft. The thiing is I did not touch it to see if it was rubber, it looked like steel cracked open.

Thank you wrenchtech.

Wrenchtech

December, 31, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

No, that's not what I said. I said it may be cheaper to change the whole shaft because disassembling the shaft would cost more than a whole reman unit in most cases.

Goo

December, 31, 2012 AT 5:01 PM

Oh, so changing the boot maybe more expensive. Thank you again.

Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Automatic Transmission Service
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement