MY DOME LIGHT DOES NOT WORK WHEN OPENING THE CAR...

2008 Kia Spectra

kcarpent

October, 27, 2012 AT 1:43 PM

My dome light does not work when opening the car door. My horn only works half the time. When you leave the cars lights after turning the car off and open the door (or take keys out of ignition) the beeping noise does not go off.

Panel Lights Dont Work

Glowing Lights

saturntech9

October, 27, 2012 AT 2:24 PM

So do you have a multi meter to do some testing?Also have you checked for codes yet?

kcarpent

October, 27, 2012 AT 2:45 PM

I have had the codes checked and I have no codes coming up on the computer. I do not have a multi meter tester. I was going to pull the fuses on under the hood to see if the fuses are blown. I have checked under the dash (fuses and they all seem fine from the naked eye. This has been going on for some time and the auto repair shop wants 500.00 dollars to diagnosis the problem.

saturntech9

October, 27, 2012 AT 2:58 PM

Did you just get your codes read at a auto parts store with a basic scan tool?Also do you have a test light?

kcarpent

October, 27, 2012 AT 3:04 PM

Yes I went to autozone and a mechanic I use checked to see if there where codes. My check engine light came on and they checked all the codes that popped up. I pretty sure I have a test light. It is red and has a light that comes on it has know wires just a metal tip.

saturntech9

October, 27, 2012 AT 3:10 PM

A test light has aleast one wire so iam not sure what you have?Also if they used a basic scan tool they can only read engine and transmission codes. Not body control module codes etc.

kcarpent

October, 27, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

So what can I do in there here and now to check. I will have to take it and get it scanned for all codes at a garage. Are there some fuses under the hood I can check is there something I can do that could be simple. I will let you know what I find after the simple check. I will also look for that meter that I have.

October, 27, 2012 AT 4:07 PM

For the dome light and lights on reminder not working, check the door switch. If the switch has bad contact, it would not turn the dome light on which would not turn on the chime. Try wiggling the switch and see if the chime comes on.

As to the horn it could be intermittent contact at the horn pads. If the SRS (air-bag) indicator light is showing, it could be a failing cable reel under the steering wheel. Sometimes it could be the horns that are failing which could result in intermittent operations.

saturntech9

October, 27, 2012 AT 6:09 PM

Thanks for the assit khlow2008 great tips The door switch would tie the warning and dome lamp together as far as the horn we need to check it when the horn is inop.A mulitmeter would work best for that. So is the air bag light on?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Open Hood Video