2008 Jeep Compass A/C will not engage

NAPENA
  • 2008 JEEP COMPASS
The a/c will not engage in my jeep compass 2008. Pressure is just fine. There is no electrical current going to the compressor itself.

What could be the cause?
Please advise.
Monday, August 31st, 2015 AT 12:13 PM

If the pressure is low compressor will not work should be checked with gauges. Check all fuses under hood then scan for codes as it may be the tpim module a pro will have to scan it.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 6:15 AM
NAPENA
Thank you for the response. I took it to a A/C - Electrical shop in town and they check the pressure and it was fine and they scan for codes and there was none. They told me that compressor could be broken inside and that was why it would not engage. However, I took it to another shop and they said that the compressor is not getting any current. Can I connect the compressor directly to the battery and test it this way?
-1
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 6:19 AM
Well the tpim module tells the pcm to turn it on so as long as the connector is disconnected from compressor yes. If you took it to an auto parts they can't read the codes with their scanner that only does engine/trans codes nothing else. It may be a wiring issue between either hvac module to tpim then to pcm. Something is n't getting a signal to run.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 7:00 AM
NAPENA
Great. I will go ahead and try connecting directly to the battery and see if it engages. The scanner used was from Snap-On. It wasn't at the auto parts store. I would think that it would have read some codes. I appreciate your advise. I will keep you posted.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 7:09 AM