A/C will not work

NAPENA
  • 2008 JEEP COMPASS
The a/c will not engage. Pressure is just fine. There is no electrical current going to the compressor itself. What could be the cause? Please advise.
Monday, August 31st, 2015 AT 12:13 PM

It sounds like the TIPM is out but to be sure lets check the powers (fuses) and grounds for the system which you can do using this guide and the air conditioner wiring diagrams below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 6:15 AM
NAPENA
Thank you for the response. I took it to a A/C - Electrical shop in town and they check the pressure and it was fine and they scan for codes and there was none. They told me that compressor could be broken inside and that was why it would not engage. However, I took it to another shop and they said that the compressor is not getting any current. Can I connect the compressor directly to the battery and test it this way?
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 6:19 AM
The tipm module tells the pcm to turn it on so as long as the connector is disconnected from compressor yes. If you took it to an auto parts they can't read the codes with their scanner that only does engine/trans codes nothing else. It may be a wiring issue between either hvac module to tipm then to pcm. Something is n't getting a signal to run. I would try to replace the TIPM because its easy and self initializes. Here are the diagrams and instructions to do so.

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.
+1
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 7:00 AM
NAPENA
I got a new TIPM for $246.00 and installed it worked great! I love this site.
+1
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 7:09 AM