Taurus X SEAT heater

SHU7241
  • 2008 FORD TAURUS

I have a 2008 Taurus X. The driver side seat heater will not work. The passenger side does work. When you push on the heater button, the indicator light comes on for an instant and then goes out. I have held the button in for an extended period and it still doesn't heat. Thanks for any help. Bill

Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 11:51 AM

Have you checked to see if there is power to the seat?

-1
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 1:39 PM
MARCKY

I had this problem, it occurs when it moves back the seat bottom and it rises very high. Almost all ford seats have the same default. What are two plates leading the electricity which is separated in the heating pad unit and should replace it. This is a three hour approximately in the consessionaire job. This is a translation of the French.

Friday, December 17th, 2010 AT 12:59 PM
SLOJOE26

I have the identical problem as "shu7241" with my 2008 Sable and the dealer wanted $400 to fix it. Can someone simplify the translated response above provided by "Marcky"? Does the heating pad need replacing or the two plates? Does the seat have to be removed to do this? Thanks.

Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 7:29 PM
MARCKY

The heating pad need replacing, 2-3 hours job, because seat have to be removed, and relocate the wire heating pad to settle the problem.

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 AT 3:48 AM

That could be the case. The labor falls in the seat's removal.

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 AT 1:25 PM