2008 Ford Mustang brakes/Ebrake

JONBROWN
  • 2008 FORD MUSTANG
  • RWD
Installed new rotors and pads. Put it all back together and E-brake has no pressure when the lever is pulled. I took everything apart and looked for any issues and wasn't able to figure it out. I drove the car and it seemed to run fine. It looks like there are burn marks on the rear rotors, so I`m sure something is wrong with the piston and or brakes.
Thursday, December 26th, 2013 AT 9:48 AM

Did you back the piston up to put pads in if you didn't that may be the reason. Or it may have a broken cable or clips recheck your work. Was the caliper piston aligned properly for the pads to go in? Did you remove the clip and cable prior to installing new items? We have no idea what you did.
Thursday, December 26th, 2013 AT 9:58 AM
JONBROWN
All I did was replace the rotors and pads. I pushed the piston back into the caliper and set everything back in place. I didn't touch any cables or lines.
Thursday, December 26th, 2013 AT 12:06 PM
You are supposed to disconnect the cable and clip prior to doing that, check to see if you broke the clips holding the Parking brake cable.
Thursday, December 26th, 2013 AT 12:08 PM
JONBROWN
Alright, I checked again on the side that I thought was good, and it turns out, the cable was not in its place. So now the parking brake works, but I took it for a drive and it feels like the brakes are rubbing in the rer. I stopped and they were giving off a little smoke
Thursday, December 26th, 2013 AT 1:50 PM
Using the special tool, compress the brake caliper piston into the brake caliper bore.
Fig. 3: Compressing Brake Caliper Piston Into Caliper
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
Position the notch in the caliper piston up and down to align with the alignment pin on the brake pad.
CAUTION:Do not allow grease, oil, brake fluid or other contaminants to contact the pad lining material, or damage to components may occur. Do not install contaminated pads.

NOTE:Install all hardware supplied with the pad kit.

Install the 2 new spring clips and the brake pads.
Position the brake caliper on the anchor plate and install the 2 brake caliper guide pin bolts until snug.
Tighten the RH caliper guide pin bolts in the following sequence:
Tighten the top bolt to 33 Nm (24 lb-ft).
Tighten the bottom bolt to 33 Nm (24 lb-ft).
Tighten the LH caliper guide pin bolts in the following sequence:
Install the wheel and tire. For additional information, refer to WHEELS AND TIRES article.
Apply brakes several times to verify correct brake operation
Thursday, December 26th, 2013 AT 4:45 PM