MY TRUCK DOESN'T START.

2008 Dodge Ram

Richnyc1973

September, 6, 2011 AT 6:27 PM

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 4.7 V8. And about a week ago I went to start it up and it did nothing. Everything went out! No lights, Radio, power, nada! I disconnected the battery(new one)for about an hour. And start it up again. And now it's working. Can someone help me out! Looks like something is making it short. Or maybe too much high voltage. I don't know where to start. I would greatly appreciate some good feedback.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 6, 2011 AT 6:58 PM

Check to make sure the battery cables and terminals are clean, tight, and in good condition. Also, check to make sure the ground to the engine block is clean and tight. Check in and around the power distribution box under the hood to make sure everything is good there. Have the alternator tested at a parts store to make sure it isn't over charging the battery. Most will do it for free.

Richnyc1973

September, 6, 2011 AT 8:00 PM

Thnak you so much. I will check evrything you mentioned and get back to you. Also, I forgot to mentioned one more thing. I replace the battery due to so much corrosion I noticed on the terminals. So maybe I need to replce the terminals. I'll let you know. Again, thank you.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 9, 2011 AT 2:43 AM

I hope I helped.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test