Here is a guide to show you what you are in for when replacing a thermostat.
1. Disconnect negative cable.
WARNING: Do not remove pressure cap with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant can occur.
2. Drain cooling system See: Service and Repair.
3. Remove radiator lower hose from thermostat housing (1).
4. Remove nuts (3) from heater tube flange studs.
5. Loosen starter bolt at heater tube bracket.
6. Pull heater tube out of thermostat housing and position out of the way.
7. Remove bolt (3) and two studs.
Here are some diagrams for your car.
Please let us know happens so it will help others.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, December 15th, 2016 AT 11:04 AM