Rain water leaking into pass. Side rear floor only.

WILLIAM HARDY
  • 2008 DODGE CALIBER
Water leaking inside car, only in the passenger side rear floor board nowhere else.I'm thinking it;s running from the outside down the A frame channel onto the rear floor soaking up thru the carpet. Why is it doing this?
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 AT 6:09 AM

COLDERBYTHELAKE
I have the same problem with my 2007 RT (and no sun roof) however I am getting so much rain water that the front passenger floor is also getting wet.
+2
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 AT 9:48 PM
TXJOKER
I have a 2007 RT with sun roof and after some heavy rains last weekend, my rear passenger floorboard and to a lesser extent the front passenger floorboard, was flooded with standing water. After using the shop-vac twice and nearly drying it out, the next morning (no rain during the night) the rear passenger carpet floorboard was soaked with standing water. Again, the shop-vac removed the water and the next day the same thing. I have never had a problem before with any leakage, I have a feeling it's coming from the roof area, pooling, and draining down through the B pillar posts. I sure hope someone can shed some light on this problem.
+1
Thursday, July 19th, 2012 AT 1:52 AM
I DON'T KNOW YOU VEHICLE

ON OTHERS

LEAVES AND DEBRIS STOP UP THE DRAIN PORTS IN FRONT OF THE WINDSHIELD. OR ON EITHER SIDE

MANY FIREWALLS ARE NOT TRULY SEALED, BUT HAVE RUBBER AND PLASTIC ARRANGED IN A "SHINGLED FASHION". WHEN ALL IS WELL, THE WATER SHINGLES DOWN AND DRAINS THRU THE DRAIN PORTS

SOMETIMES THE DEBRIS IS AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PORT AND CANNOT BE SEEN

A GARDEN HOSE MIGHT LET YOU SEE THE WATER BACKING UP, EVEN IF IT DOESN'T REACH THE TOP (IT MAY ENTER UNDER THE SHINGLES LOW IN THE DRAIN HOLE)

SOMETHING LIKE A "BRAZING ROD", "CLOTHES HANGER", THE "PLASTIC THINGEE" YOU TWIRL TO CLOSE YOUR BLINDS. SHOVED DOWN THERE, AMD "JEWGED AROUND, WHILE THE GARDEN HOSE WATER RUNS MIGHT KNOCK IT ALL LOOSE

EVEN A PARTIAL STOPPAGE MIGHT ALLOW WATER UNDER YOUR "SHINGLING" OR FIREWALL FLAPS

MAYBE THE DANG PASSAGES/HOLES WERE NOT "ENGINEERED" BIG ENOUGH AT THE FACTORY TO LET BIGGER DEBRIS FALL ON THRU

IF THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM. SILICON-ING THE EDGES OF PRECISELY CUT SCREEN WIRE/FIBER SCREEN WIRE OVER THE BEGINNINGS OF THE DRAINS MIGHT HELP. AFTER THE DRAINS HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY CLEARED

WHEN YOU HAVE A "REAL VEHICLE" IT COMES FACTORY READY FOR THIS TYPE OF EVENT. DRAIN HOLES IN THE FLOORBOARDS!

KEEP US POSTED

-1
Thursday, July 19th, 2012 AT 3:02 AM