SHIFT 1ST GEAR IS HARD, NOT LIKE NORMAL

2008 Daihatsu Sirion

loranzo

February, 23, 2012 AT 10:35 AM

My car have problem on shifting, when I shift on 1st gear its so hard not like normal, previously when I shift on 1st gear its smooth and the second problem, when I shift to the reverse gear its sound grinding.I dont know what is the problem.

Can someone help me.

February, 23, 2012 AT 10:51 AM

Check gear oil if okay -Have the clutch assembly checked and also could be the transmission snchronizers

loranzo

February, 23, 2012 AT 11:06 AM

Thanks so much Rasmataz.I'll check 1 by 1.

February, 23, 2012 AT 11:40 AM

Seems the clutch disc is slow to return or the clutch is too low.

Try depessing the clutch pedal and wait a few seconds and if it is easier to shift into gear, the splines on the clutch shaft does not have sufficient lubrication causing the disk to return late.

loranzo

February, 23, 2012 AT 12:18 PM

Ok khlow. Maybe thats the right thing. Because when I step on the clutch pedal and I wait for a few second, the shifting get smooth 1st gear and the grinding sound also diassapear when I shift on the reverse gear. Maybe the lining clutch(clutch disk) already need to change. The only problem is shifting 1st gear and reverse gear. Thanks so much khlow. Appreciate it.

February, 23, 2012 AT 12:32 PM

You're welcome

Have a nice day.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions