I HAVE AN 08 CHRYSLER 300 LIMITED

• dennisbetz
  • 2008 Chrysler 300

I have an 08 Chrysler 300 Limited. When driving with the A/C on and making a turn the car dies and all power goes out. I know about if you fill the car to much it may stall out and that has happened before. But this time the car would not start back it had to be jumped and a code for the A/C compressor came on.

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 AT 9:40 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

What code did you get? Also, is the engine idle speed around 800rpm at an idle?

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:08 AM
  • dennisbetz

Im deplyed over seas and my wife is driving it and she said it was about the air compressor. And she said the idle speed is right at 1,000 rpm.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:12 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Not knowing the code makes it difficult. However, the idle air control solenoid is to idle the engine up when a load is placed on it. If it doesn't work, the AC could cause it to stall. I'm in PA. Don't know if I can help.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:14 AM
  • dennisbetz

Now it started to die and would start right back up. But she said this time that she had to be jump started. And with that would it just stall out or would it also cut out all power.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:16 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Dennis, it could be many things. Is she able to keep it running if her foot is on the gas? Or does it still die? You know, a dead battery can cause the electrical components in these new cars to act up.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:19 AM
  • dennisbetz

I'm sorry that I dont have all the answers. If you would could you email my personal email and I will keep it tell I get home in about 3 months and email you when I can drive the car and get a fell for it and know whats all going on with it. My email is dennisbetz23@yahoo. Com

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:22 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I'm really not allowed. This thread will stay here if you come back to it, I will be notified via my email. Does that work? Also, I have no idea where the car is, but I am in PA. I could try to help if she is near. Let me know.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:24 AM
  • dennisbetz

No she is in NC if you know anyone from down there that would help but I will write back on here when I get back home or if I get any more information about it

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:26 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

No, the best I could do is SC. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know what is going on when you come home and be safe.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:30 AM
  • dennisbetz

Thank you for all your help.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 12:31 AM