2008 Chevrolet Impala Code P2127

CEDDY2_
  • 2008 CHEVROLET IMPALA
  • 101 MILES
Hello im getting a code p2127 on my impala the code reads"TPS/PEDAL POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH E CIRCUIT LOW INPUT" would be the sensor on the pedal or is it my tps sensor. Any help would great thanx
Saturday, October 4th, 2014 AT 11:13 AM

SATURNTECH9
Thats for the gas pedal sensor 2 it has a short to ground a open bad sensor bad wire etc. Do you have a scan tool that can read live data for gas pedal sensor number 2 and number one?
-1
Saturday, October 4th, 2014 AT 12:40 PM
SATURNTECH9
Also thats the only code you have?
+3
Saturday, October 4th, 2014 AT 12:41 PM
CEDDY2_
Morning, no I do not have a scan tool that can read live data, mine just gives the codes. And yes that was the only code that come up. After doing research I have found this could be a number of issues. From the gas pedal to throttle body and all in between lol, that's why i'm asking the pros. I cant wait to fix this issue

Thanx
+1
Sunday, October 5th, 2014 AT 8:11 AM
SATURNTECH9
The first thing the pros are going to do is see what the scan tool reads for the number 2 pedal position sensor. For that code it on only shows the pedal position sensor doesnt say anything about the throttle body that I see. It says there is a bad pedal position sensor or open short to ground etc.
+2
Sunday, October 5th, 2014 AT 8:56 AM
CEDDY2_
Gas pedal sensor change it out, and that should solve my issues?
Sunday, October 5th, 2014 AT 2:57 PM
SATURNTECH9
Thats a loaded question thats called guessing and my answer would be if you want to gamble your money on a guess then you can. But I cant tell you yes replace it and it will fix your problem. Even if I had the car in front of me I would still have to start by seeing the pedal sensor readings. Also to see if the fault was active so I could start looking for the problem if it was active.I hear you on not having the scan tool and not wanting to buy one.I wish I had the luxury of not being able to not buy all the tools I have bought over the year's. Unfortunately the newer the car the more advanced they are the more computers they have etc. To read all those computers and to stay updated on the software on the scan tool plus buy the scan tool is expensive. Thats one reason its not cheap to bring your car in for repairs.
-2
Sunday, October 5th, 2014 AT 3:41 PM