2008 Chevrolet HHR A/C blowing hot air

TREBELES
  • 2008 CHEVROLET HHR

I have replaced the climate control, cab filter and checked the Freon all is good when I have it in the heater door defroster it works great but when I switch it over to a/c it blows hot air.
Advise please

Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 AT 3:39 PM

Pull your hvac fuse in car it may reset actuators if not have it checked out as the temp actuator may be bad. Pull fuse for 60 seconds with key on then reinstall. If it still doesn twork you may have to have the climate control programmed to your car by a pro.

Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 AT 3:53 PM
JAZZSPARENTS
  • 2007 CHEVROLET HHR

I have a 2007 HHR LT. The temperature gage does not move and the a/c blows hot. HOWEVER, I can disconnect my battery and it will be okay for a day or so. This makes me think a relay is sticking but where?

+2
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 AT 3:15 PM (Merged)

Check and test the coolant temperature sensor

HECTOR PINEIIRO

Change the coolant temperature sensor and unplug and then plug back on the negative battery cable. I fixed yesterday mine

2CARPROS KEN

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out on the site whenever it can add information that will help.

Cheers, Ken

• 2006 CHEVROLET HHR

My ac was blowing hot air I took it in and they replace some part got it back still not working, now they said it need a part that was on the computer and they said it would cost 450.00 when I said I could not afford it (this was spring time) I would just go without they said they could turn something so I would just have ac but no heat. Now it is late fall and I need defrost and heat but still don't have the 450.00 would you know what part they are talking about so I can see if I can buy it cheaper. Thank you

ASEMASTER6371

You need to look at your receipt or call them back for the name for us.

At this point we have no idea