2008 Chevrolet Aveo Air Bag Light

RPJ
  • 2008 CHEVROLET AVEO
Hello, I recently asked a question about my air bag light staying on. I took the vehicle to a local repair shop, they could not find anything wrong and reset the code so the light went off. About 10 days later the light came on again on start up. I took the car to a Chevrolet dealer and got the same response, nothing wrong they could find, and reset the light. Now, as of 9/1/14, the light has come on again at startup, this is the third 10-day interval that this has happened. I have noticed that on the clock of this vehicle, that above the clock display, there is a seat belt sensor light that flashes as if there is a wiring problem somewhere. I think this has something to do with the air bag light staying on. Am I wrong? Even the manufacturer and seller of the car cannot figure out what is wrong. What should I do? FRUSTRATED! From Roosevelt.
Monday, September 1st, 2014 AT 11:56 AM

DOCFIXIT
Would help to know code is it on work order? Seatbelt light I believe is for passenger seat so a fault in sensor on seat would keep light on. If someone is in Pass seat does light stay off?
+1
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 AT 9:36 AM
RPJ
Hello, thanks for your response. According to the receipt I have, it says ABS cleared code and reset, no problems found at this time. Again this is the ABS light that is on, not the seat belt light. Also, when someone is in the passenger seat, the passenger side airbag light, which is connected to the clock comes on, and goes to the off position when no one is in the pass seat. And again, when I start the vehicle, sometimes the Passenger side airbag light will flicker and that makes the AIR bag light stay on when it is supposed to reset itself. Thanks for your help, Roosevelt.
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014 AT 4:12 PM
DOCFIXIT
ABS is the braking system so that light on?
SRS is air bag ie. Supplemental restraint system that light on? Not Pass indicator but on dash
Really need code to help in POxxx or Uxxx format
If ABS light on go to an AutoZone have codes read and post will advose
Thursday, September 4th, 2014 AT 9:05 AM
RPJ
Hello thank you again for your reply. After taking the vehicle to the dealership for the third time, I think the problem has finally been solved. There is a wire leading from the clock going to the sensor on the bottom of the passenger seat, the wire is damaged for some reason and the clock assembly needs to be changed. I figured this was the problem due to when I would start the vehicle the display above the clock "seat belt sensor" display would flicker on some occasions and on others would night illuminate at all unless tapped on the assembly. I will get a new clock later this week and I will install it myself, so this should end this issue. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for your help and advice.
Monday, September 15th, 2014 AT 5:43 PM