When the code P050A is set, the computer is detecting the actual engine speed is greater or less than the desired idle speed by at least 100 RPM for 7 seconds or for a cumulative of 50 seconds, during a cold start.
If the idle does not increase or decrease steadily, verify that one of the following conditions is not present:
* Vacuum leaks
* The throttle valve for the correct operation-A throttle valve that does not close correctly sets this DTC.
* Restricted air intake system
* The throttle body for damage and/or tampering
* Incorrect or malfunctioning PCV valve
* Excess deposits in the throttle body
* A parasitic load on the engine-For example, a transmission condition, a belt driven accessory condition
Repair the condition as necessary. If everything above checks out, suspect the Idle Air Control is faulty. Have it tested, not just replaced.
Saturday, November 27th, 2010 AT 10:37 AM