01 09 04 Feb. 18, 2009 2018652 Supersedes T. B. Group 01 number 08 25 dated Sept. 18, 2008 due to additional model year and additional engine applicability.
MIL ON, DTCs P1545, P0121, P0123, P0221 or P0222 Stored in ECM Fault Memory
Malfunction indicator lamp in instrument cluster is illuminated.
A number of incident memory entries with regard to the throttle valve are stored in the ECM. In most cases, the entries are sporadic.
Contact resistance in the ECM wiring - throttle valve.
Optimized wiring and contacts.
Wiring Harness and Connector Repairs, General Information
Tip :- Observe general notes for repairs of vehicle electrical system, see Repair group 97 Wiring in ElsaWeb.
- DO NOT solder repairs on vehicle electrical system.
- DO NOT repair crimp connectors. If necessary, over lay a wire parallel to inoperative wire.
- After crimping a repair connection, crimp connections must be heat-shrunk using hot air gun to prevent moisture penetration.
- Yellow wires are to be used exclusively for wiring harness repairs.
- Mark repaired areas using yellow adhesive tape.
- Yellow wires and areas in wiring harness wrapped with yellow adhesive tape identify a previously performed repair.
- Perform a function test after each repair. If necessary, check DTC memory, erase and/or bring systems into basic setting.
Procedure - Switch Ignition OFF.
- Disconnect battery ground (GND) cable, see Repair Manual Group 27 in ElsaWeb.
WARNING: The steps above must be completed to ensure safety during repair. Also, observe all country-specific regulations.
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 3:15 AM