IS THIS A EGR PROBLEM

2007 Vauxhall Vectra

chrisfarmer

September, 3, 2012 AT 5:36 PM

Hi I have a 2007 1.9 cdti it has a problem with starting after being run for a few minutes and being turned off. It will start again but can take some time to do so and when it dose a big cloud of white and black smoke comes out I know it has a problem with the egr valve because the engine management light is on and I have had a garage look at the code and it came back that it was the egr valve but all my research has come back saying that the egr should not affect the car from starting so what could it be? This a united kingdom car

hmac300

September, 3, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

Try cleaning the throttle plate with choke cleaner. We have no info fo rthis car so i'm guess ing it may be a diesel. Then check your fuel pressure. Also take teh egr off and clean it aas that may be all it is or the it may have clogged pipes/holes effecting it's operation.