2007 TOYOTA RAV4 THROTTLE ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY

• eligozam
  • 2007 Toyota Rav4

I had it towed to a toyota dealer they told me that I needed a throttle actuator assembly. I had it taken to my mechanic to have the problem fixed, but that was not the problem. It goes into gear fine but I have no acceleration. All of the indicator lights are on. Had the throttle thing replaced but still not working

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 10:25 PM

• hmac300

Redo question with symptoms, also check fuel pressure and scan for codes.

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 10:30 PM
  • eligozam

I was driving the car and then I had no acceleration. I had it taken to Toyota dealer they put it on the scanner and told me that it needed a throttle actuator assembly I had that repaired but I am still having the same issue. Could it be anything else? The only code that came up was p2118

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 10:41 PM
  • hmac300

That code is effected by poor battery performance. Like the battery is not in good shape or dirty battery terminals. Soclean that to start then have the fuel pressure checked. Also check vacuum at intake at idle. If 15" or below suspect a clogged converter. Fuel pressure should be 44-50psi while the engine is running. If below that then it may be a fuel pump or filter. Clean teh throttle plate and idle air valve hole with choke cleaner, both sides to plate. Also diagram i'm sendign is the fuse for that circuit. If that is blown then there is short in teh wire causing your problem.

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 10:51 PM
  • eligozam

I will try that, thanks and have a great night

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 10:55 PM