DOES IT ACCELERATE THE RATE AT WHICH THE ...

2007 Toyota Prius

isilberman

December, 20, 2012 AT 6:49 PM

Does it accelerate the rate at which the passenger cabin is heated if I set the console thermostat at a higher level than I desire the end temperature to be? For example: Outside temperature is 45 degrees F. I begin driving the car and want the internal cabin temperature to reach a comfortable 70 degrees as soon as possible. If I set the thermostat to 75 degrees will it reach the comfort level any faster than if I just set it at 70 degrees? Thanks.

Docfixit

December, 20, 2012 AT 6:56 PM

No time needed to heat coolant is factor of cabin pemp

isilberman

December, 20, 2012 AT 10:35 PM

Sorry, but please read what you wrote; it doesn't make sense to me. Could you try once more and just answer the question with a "yes" or "no"? We'll assume the car engine is running and is warmed up. The question is whether or not setting the cabin temperature thermostat to a higher level than the desired end-point comfort level, will allow the cabin to warm up faster than just setting the thermostat to the desired temp. Thanks.

December, 24, 2012 AT 1:17 PM

No. The cabin temperature depends on the coolant and the thermostat is for cutting off the maximum heat, won't help in expediting the heating process.

Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Blend Door Actuator Replacement